SC Education Lottery scholarships
South Carolina has seen its state government do a lot to make higher education a more affordable and more possible thing for its local students over the last couple of decade.
Whereas students in the state had limited opportunities as few as 20 years ago, they are now able to attend world class universities using grants and scholarship programs funded by both the state and by local organizations.
Most of the money for these programs has come through funding from the South Carolina Education Lottery, a program put in place with the idea of helping improve the state’s higher education opportunities at the beginning.
In order to qualify for the many programs out there, students have to meet some criteria. Some of the programs are based upon scholastic merit and they have to be used at a school in the state.
The most common scholarship that is handed out is the South Carolina LIFE Scholarship, which comes with some regulations and qualifying measures.
South Carolina LIFE Scholarship requirements:
- Award is for , 700 per year in scholarship money for those attending four year colleges. Award is for the cost of attendance for those individuals attending two year programs.
- One must attend a public university within the state of South Carolina to qualify.
- Applicants must complete their high school program with a GPA of 3.0 or better and an SAT score of 1100 or better.
- Qualifications for incoming freshmen are increasing each year, so the scale continues to slide upward.
- Individuals can use finishing in the top 25% of their high school class as a replacement for the GPA requirement if necessary.
- The award is open to those who attended any high school in South Carolina, including public schools, private schools, and even some home school programs.
You might also like
How Public Universities Can Promote Access and Success for All Students — Center For American Progress
In addition to the federal Pell Grant, North Carolina provides two separate funds—the North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship and the UNC Need Based Scholarship—for students whose incomes are barely eligible or just above eligibility for Pell ..
How to Win the Lottery: Secret Techniques, Tips and Tactics to Give You an Unfair Advantage and Significantly Improve Your Chances of Winning the Lottery