Winning numbers California Lottery
1st:7 Eureka-2nd:6 Whirl Win-3rd:4 Big Ben, Race Time: 1:45.67
The California State Lottery has been around since 1984, and has a rich history with plenty of exciting California lottery information to learn. To buy or redeem tickets you have to be a resident and 18 years old, but before you head out to play, you may want to learn more about how the lottery got started and what your money will be going to.
California State Lottery History
The California State Lottery started on November 6, 1984 after the people voted for Proposition 37, called the California State Lottery Act of 1984. The first tickets were sold on October 3, 1985.
Games in the lottery include Mega Millions, Super LOTTO Plus, Fantasy 5, Daily 3, Daily 4, Daily Derby, and scratchers.
- MEGA Millions is a $1 multi-state jackpot game whose jackpot begins at 12 million dollars. Odds of winning a prize are around 1 in 40. The jackpot is paid in 26 annual installments or the winner can pick the cash value and get a lump sum. A lump sum is between 55% and 60% of the total prize.
- SuperLOTTO Plus has a beginning jackpot of 7 million dollars and costs $1 to play. The largest jackpot so far was $193 million in 2002.
- Fantasy 5 is a $1 game where you or the computer picks five numbers from 1 to 39. The jackpot starts at 50, 000 dollars and goes up if no one wins. Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 9.
- Daily 3 is a shared prize-pool game that costs $1 and there are two drawings every day. The prizes depend on how much was wagered and the number of winners.
- Daily 4 is a shared prize-pool game with four numbers from 0 to 9. Drawings occur once a day.
- Daily Derby has drawings every day. Each play costs $2.
- Scratchers are sold for $1, $2, $3, and $5. The top prize on a $5 ticket is 2, 000, 000 dollars.
You might also like
Beats the others cold — The Intelligencer
The Coolest offers everything but tonight's winning lottery numbers and a small grill. Actually, adding a small grill to the Coolest at some point has not been dismissed, according to inventor Ryan Grepper.
2013 Monthly Lottery Predictions for Pick 3 Win 3 Big 3 Cash 3 Daily 3: Calendar-Based Lottery Predictions for Use in Non-Computerized "Mechanical Ball" State Lottery Drawings
Book (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)